With Instructables you can share what you make with the world, and tap into an ever-growing community of creative experts.
3d print an object(toothbrush holder) from thingiverse.com
1. Dowload an .stl file from http://www.thingiverse.com/
2. Open the .stl file in makerware: http://www.makerbot.com/makerware/
3. position object rotate select move> on platform select turn> lay flat
4. Review settings in makerware select make button export for: replicator 2 raft: checked if you want a small bed on which to print, reduces curling
5. Export gcode file to sd card export>save make sure .x3g is chosen for file type make sure location is sd card
6. Put sd card in 3d printer push down and it will click btw printer on/off button is at rear of printer
7. Print file from sd card use the 3d printer menu print from sd>toothbrushholder2 I made it at TechShop
3D Printing your Zbrush Sculptsby MisterEarl
3D Printing 2 Parts At Once - printing an iphone tripod adapterby sflettering
3D Printed Bracelets "I printed this" with Raised Letteringby sflettering
3D-Printed Plugsby MakerDrake
3D Print Logoby SelkeyMoonbeam
Join 2 million + to receive instant inspiration in your inbox.
Download our apps!
© 2015 Autodesk, Inc.
Enter the email associated with your account and we will send you your username and a temporary password.
Not a member? Sign Up »
Already a member? Login »
That's a pro feature!
Want to go pro?
First step is to sign up.
By clicking "Sign me up!" you are indicating that you have read and agree to the Terms of service.
Already a member?" Login »