With Instructables you can share what you make with the world, and tap into an ever-growing community of creative experts.
3d print an object(toothbrush holder) from thingiverse.com
1. Dowload an .stl file from http://www.thingiverse.com/
2. Open the .stl file in makerware: http://www.makerbot.com/makerware/
3. position object rotate select move on platform select turn lay flat
4. Review settings in makerware select make button export for: replicator 2 raft: checked if you want a small bed on which to print, reduces curling
5. Export gcode file to sd card exportsave make sure .x3g is chosen for file type make sure location is sd card
6. Put sd card in 3d printer push down and it will click btw printer on/off button is at rear of printer
7. Print file from sd card use the 3d printer menu print from sdtoothbrushholder2 I made it at TechShop
We have a be nice comment policy. Please be positive and constructive.
We noticed you attached photosto your comment.
3D Printing your Zbrush Sculptsby MisterEarl
3D Printing 2 Parts At Once - printing an iphone tripod adapterby sflettering
3D Printed Bracelets "I printed this" with Raised Letteringby sflettering
3D-Printed Plugsby MakerDrake
3D Print Logoby SelkeyMoonbeam
3D Printed Mustacheby gcode1
Knife Assist 3D Printed - success at making a great print to give as a giftby sflettering
What in the World is 3D Printing?by icecats
3D Printing "Make" Iphone Case Epic Failby sflettering
Multi Part 3D Print - testing out printing with a raftby sflettering
Join 2 million + to receive instant inspiration in your inbox.
Download our apps!
© 2015 Autodesk, Inc.
By clicking "Create Account" you are indicating that you have read and agree to the Terms of service.
Already a member? Login »
Enter the email associated with your account and we will send you your username and a temporary password.
Not a member? Sign Up »
Want to go pro?
First step is to sign up.
By clicking "Sign me up!" you are indicating that you have read and agree to the Terms of service.