She is so cute and her name his Ramboia! I am not sure if she ia a Winter White Russian Dwarf Hamster or a white Campbell's, I guess I'll wait until Spring to see if she changes colour.
Since I am new to taking care of hamsters and rodents in general, I spent some time searching for information on the internet.
I read somewhere that despite the small size of the dwarf hamster, they are quite active and appreciate plenty of space.
In this instructable I'll show how you can:
- Expand and create room for your hamster, using cheap resources!
- Make a feeder from bottles of water.
- Make tubes using bottles of water.
- Do not harm your little friends!! Use common sense when building something for them.
- Take special attention on plastic edges, make sure they are not sharp.
Step 1: The original cage
It came with a little bowl for food, a bottle for the water, a ramp to access the loft and a plastic wheel (more appropriate for smaller feet).
Despite the small size of Ramboia, I think she feels cramped in this little cage, so I decided to build her a new and bigger house!