Step 1: What You Will Need!
A fabric marker
A pair of scissors
Cotton or stuffing
A hot glue gun or super glue/fabric glue.
Acrylic Black paint
Step 2: Create a Template for the Ears Such As the One Shown Below
Step 3: Utilize the Template to Trace It Over the Yellow Felt Twice and Cutting Them Out.
Troubleshoot: May want to have multiple pieces of felt in case of mistakes due to shaky hands.
Step 4: Cut the Pieces Out of the Felt.
Step 5: Creating a "hollow Tube"
5. Place a dab of glue in the middle of the top and fold a corner on it.
6. Add another dab of glue on top the fold end and fold the other corner on it.
7. Glue along the bottom edge in order to create a "hollow tube".
Caution: Be careful when using the hot glue gun during this step in order to avoid being burned.
Hint: Take your time doing this step as it in complex. Start at the top of the ear and make your way down.
Troubleshoot: If purchased multiple sheets of felt (29 cents a sheet), you can practice multiple times without stressing and get used to the hot glue gun on the felt as well as the tubing of the felt.
Step 6: Next, Stuff the Ears.
Caution: Check for consistency in the ear. DO NOT PACK THEM TOO TIGHTLY. You do not want the ear too stuffed. You will be adding pipe cleaner in order to create a structure to the ears.
Step 7: Add the Pipe Cleaner Along the Seam All the Way to the Tip
Troubleshoot: Attempt to make each ear as similar as the other.
Step 8: Cut Out Two Strips of Yellow Felt
Step 9: Covering the Headband
Caution: Do not worry about the seams overlapping as the ears will most likely cover them.
Step 10: Adding the Ears
Troubleshoot: You will be gluing them to the headband in the upcoming steps. Look in the mirror to check the positioning of the ears before doing so.
16. Once positioned correctly, the underneath of the ear to the headband.
Caution: You may want to add more glue to the back to secure the ears to the headband.
17. Repeat the same process to the other ear.
Step 11: Adding Final Details
19. Use your marker to draw the guidelines of the tip of Pikachu’s ears.
Troubleshoot: Draw them with pencil before drawing them with the marker in order to know where the boundaries of the tips are and how it looks.
Step 12: Finally!
21. Let it dry and you should have completed your Pikachu ears: