This is my first instructable, so I demand lots of constructive critism
Step 1: Required Tools
1) A philips jewlers screw driver (I'm not too sure of the size, if anyone knows, its really small though)
2) A slot jewlers screw driver (this ones size doesn't matter as much, but it has to small enough)
3) Scissors (and paper, but it's not really a tool)
4) A bottle opener and a beer (to congratulate yourself upon completion)
5) A Zen micro, THAT'S A GIVEN!
Simple enough, so lets move to step two
Step 2: Remove the Battery
1) Remove the zen from whatever case you have it in (do not attempt this if it is not in a case)
2)Slide the back panel off
3) Remove the battery
Now, if you try and power the zen on, and it turns on, repeat steps 1-3. If it doesn't turn on, proceed.
Step 3: Remove the Top Panel and Screws
1)Place the zen on hold (this is required to remove the panel)
2)Take your slot screw driver and push it into the side opposite the hold switch (regard the picture)
3) Once in place, lever the panel off
4) Put the panel and hold switch in a safe place
5) Remove the two screws and place them in a safe place (but you were already going to do that weren't you?)
Once this is completed, you may move on to the next step.