UPDATE: PLEASE KINDLY VOTE FOR MY INSTRUCTABLE, THANKS ^_^
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE TO VOTE FOR MY OTHER CONTEST ENTRY AT
OR MAYBE VOTE FOR MY BEST FRIEND'S CONTEST ENTRY TOO, AT
NOTE: THIS ITEM CAN BE USED TO MAKE CASTINGS AS GIFTS FOR ANY HOLIDAY OR OCCASION!
As seen from the picture and title this instructable is about how to make a zero cost aluminum furnace from salvaged items from your local scrapyard or around the house.
Please be advised that though this aluminum furnace can truly be made at zero cost, for some steps you may want to substitute a tiny bit of money for less hassle and trouble, throughout this instructable i shall be pointing out these steps and how you could do so.
BTW this aluminum furnace build can seriously smelt down a lot of aluminum, but takes a while to heat up, so ensure that you have a large store of scrap aluminum before using, for maximum efficiency.
Step 1: Materials
1. Small stainless steel or steel pot, preferably without handles X1
(i found mine under the kitchen sink, by the looks of things it has been there a while)
2. Cement powder X min 1kg
(i got mine by sweeping up left over cement powder at a construction site after they had finished)
3. Milo tin / milk tin / circular biscuit tin , doesn't need to be empty X1
(i like drinking milo, so i already had one to begin with)
4. Very old but still working oven / toaster with heating elements that aren't in a glass cylinder X1
(i got mine when my mom had to get a new oven to prepare Christmas dinner)
5. Misc lengths of wire and both electrical and hardware connectors
6. Cardboard X1sheet
7. Small stainless steel or steel bowl X1
8. Small ceramic plate or tile X1
9. Scrap aluminum in the form of drink cans or otherwise
(beer cans ^_^)