Step 10: Notes
- Galvanized pipe is dirty because of the oil that is on it, youâ€™ll want to clean it off after cutting it to length, dish soap and water worked well.
- The Home Depot grade of galvanized pipe may not be â€prettyâ€ to some people. You could use aluminum pipe or prettier galvanized pipe but itâ€™s a bit spendy and I like the industrial look; fence post is probably to flimsy for this project.
- The table saw and metal cutting blade I used worked but it binds easily, a chop saw would work better.
- You want to tighten the clamp mechanism pretty tight, just not too tight as putting a hole through your ceiling would defeat the purpose of this shelf.
- I didnâ€™t cut the 2ft threaded rod, about 1-1/2â€ is inside the top flange the rest is inside the pipe. You want to make sure that there is a decent portion of the rod in the flange and the pipe to alleviate the possibility of it slipping out.