Step 1: What you'll need
You will need:
- carboard boxes
- 2 L pop bottle
- plastic container (I used a yogurt container)
- masking tape
- scrap paper or newsprint
- twine or string
- saran wrap or other plastic cling wrap
- white fabric (a cheap flat sheet works well)
- white glue
- red and black felt
- wire (I used thin jewelry making wire but you can use whatever you have on hand or just skip it)
- small toy pumpkin (I found some party favour whistles that were the right size)
Step 2: Build the body
Zero's body is pretty simple, it's just a head on the end of a long pyramid.
Start by cutting a cardboard box in half diagonally. Secure the end with tape.
For the neck, cut a plastic container to size and attach it to the body with tape.
To build the head, cut off part of the pop bottle and wrap it in tape to make it more narrow at the open end. Add tear drop shaped cardboard sides and a strip of thin cardboard to round out the back. Build up the shape of the head with scrunched up paper and more tape. Be sure to properly shape around the eyes with strips of cardboard and more paper.