From now on " everything " is for free !! . no more money expenditure on cuttlebones and cuttlebone holders at pet stores
usually cuttlebones comes with metal thing holding it to the bird cage , this is not praticable and many occasions the metal gets rusted . And cuttlebone holder is expensive , too much money wasting !
In this instructable I will show you how to use zip ties to make your own cuttlebone holder for your sweet birds at home .
Step 1: Tools and Supplies
- cuttlebone ( I got all the cuttlebones in the picture for free from fishmarket since fishmen consider them useless )
- knife ( here I used my multi-tool knife )
- nail clipper
-paper pins , brooch
- bird perchs , stands
Step 2: 1 Step
And 2 holes on lower side
make sure that the holes don't go deeper than the hard layer of the cuttlebone
you should try slowly and smoothly . stop as you notice that the hard layer is beginning to be perforated almost completely
Step 3: 2nd Step
and strip it
- bend it just a little bit so it makes it easily through to the opposite hole
or you can just use a brooch instead
repeat sliding the pin in and out so you make tunnel-like hole betwee the two outer holes making sure you stay close to the hard layer from inside .
Do the same thing for the lower part
Step 4: 3d Step
- simply slide the 2 zip ties from one hole to the opposite one
using small size zip ties is recommended because they are more flexible and do not break the hard layer when being tied
Step 5: 4th Step
- I took stand-like from a food holder because I found it more suitable and comfortable for my bird
- you can use many different perchs as you like
Step 6: 5th Step
choose the right spot in the cage and tie it to the cage bars
then cut off the excessive zip tie ends .
Please like and comment !