Step 1: Gathering material
Some of the wood I used was scrap left over from a previous project. The back, or the board everything is mounted to, is 1/2" birch plywood, and the outer box is just made up of 3/4" MDF. The glass/riot shield is 1/4" thick acrylic sheet. I used 3/8" dowel rods to support the guns and book.
Overall list of materials used:
- 24x48" sheet of 3/4" MDF
- 1/2" plywood that was cut to 23x28 1/8"
- acrylic sheet cut to size at 28x23 1/4"
- 3/8" dowel rod
- 1 6 inch exterior handle (for the riot shield)
- 11" strap material for the arm band on the riot shield
- caulking to make the seams neat and clean on the inside of the box
- primer (I forgot to get this...whoops)
- 1 to 2 cans of gray spray paint for the interior of the box
- 1 to 2 cans of red spray paint for the outside
- nuts, bolts, washers for the handle/strap on the riot shield
- decals for the front of the shield
- air soft guns
- printed poster
- shotgun shells
- wood glue
- brad nailer