K. Chrome dials
I thought the gun needed more "moving bits" and I really liked the wheel we used on the atomic battery, so I thought I would make it a theme and use it a couple more times.
(image 1 - bicycle shocks become dials)
1. I used the same piece of bicycle shock image that was used to make the atomic battery tank connector. Just mask out the threads.
2. for the safety switch above the left hose, I just inverted the chrome from white to black
3. the now black wheel in place with some dodge and burn for highlights and shadows
4. simple strokes of orange on a duplicate of the original chrome wheel
5. the stoplight again from the atomic battery section
6. the original shaft construction isolated and tweaked straight
7. duplicates of the chrome wheels were set to touch at a 45 degree angle on top of the stoplight bit. Some more orange and shading seats them in the picture. (I fixed the slot of the bottom wheel as well as added some edges with dodge and burn).
8. after duplicating the blue endcap and using "hue_saturation" to turn it orange, I added a stroke of orange to the chrome band at the end of the grey to chrome it up. (Later, more orange with bubbles were added along the top of the gun with the same method as the hoses as well) Orange is more halloween.