Introduction: Zombie Smasher Mk.1
Zombie Smasher Mk.1
Careful with this one! Not a toy. This is not my normal type of build but it was really fun to create! ZOMBIES BEWARE :) lol
Step 1: Cutting the Parts
-Cut down some wood in to a 1.5" hexagon pattern about 33.5" long.
-cut some oak in to 7.75" x .75" x .5" pieces six total.
-put a 45 (top) and a 60 degree (bottom) on each end of the six strips.
- drill 7/16" holes into the six pieces. Three pairs of two. Make sure spacing does not align with other two pair
-12 holes total.
- Attach the strips to the top end with 45 degree cuts at top.
- Use wood glue and nails. let it dry completely.
-Drill out the holes in handle with same drill bit.
-paint or stain the wood. I used a black ebony stain.
Step 2: The Rebar Spikes
I used 7/16" rebar.
-Cut rebar into 12" pieces 6 in total
-Sharpen the tips but they don't have to come to a point.
***this is just a prop so I did NOT sharpen all the way :)
-use epoxy and pound the spikes into the holes.
- I then used galvanized wire to wrap around the rebar spikes for extra strength.
Step 3: The Hand Grip Wrap
- use epoxy and paracord to wrap the handle
- For a 20" wrap I used three pieces at 16' long. Or one 48' piece will work.
*I also used 16, 9mm brass bullet cases cut down for decor at top and bottom of the paracord wrap. And one 40cal. on but of end. Completely aesthetic but looks cool! (all primers are used, gone, dead,)
- Epoxy bullet cut off onto handle.
- Paint some triangles or other fun shapes on the top by the spikes!
Step 4: DONE! Now Smash a Watermelon!
- Please remember this is a prop not a toy. I have a video showing how I made this little gem on youtube.
Step 5: My Video!
Runner Up in the
Survival Ready Contest