Step 1: Plan
Keep in mind that you don't have to do girls in skirts. I thought about doing a guy with a long trench coat, but I didn't have appropriate fabric on hand.
Decide where you want each of your characters to be placed and what sorts of details you want to add.
Don't forget to think about the story. What kind of story can you tell with the characters you've chosen.
Step 2: Gather Supplies
basic sewing tools (scissors, sewing machine, needles, etc.)
red acrylic paint
course bristle brush
Step 3: Patterns
* Remember that you need to make everything a 1/4 in. thicker for seam allowance.
* Make sure that your body, arms, and hair will fit within the length of the skirt. (After I add long hair one side, I'll have to lengthen the skirt.)
* When drawing the skirt, use a ruler to make sure it is the same length all the way around.
Step 4: Faces
* Add all the details to the faces before sewing them together
I'm mostly going to allow the images to speak for themselves for the details. None of these details need to be done the way I did them. Be creative. Use what you have on hand. For instance, I used buttons for the eyes, but you could just as easily use fabric or beads.
Step 5: Zombie Face
* Anywhere you want to add ripped flesh, cut a hole and sew red fabric behind it. It's okay if red thread shows through if you make it look like scratches.
* Sew each set of faces together inside-out.
* Turn them right-side-out and stuff them with fluff
Step 7: Add Hair
I didn't have wax paper, so I used a plastic bag.
I used T-pins to hold down the hair while I stitched it on.
Step 8: Bride Hair
The buns are just a basic knot tied loosely and stitched down.
Step 9: Sew Halves Together
If you will be splattering blood, it is very important to put the two bloody sides facing the same way. They will share a dress facing, therefore, it won't matter if the "blood" seeps through.
Step 10: Skirt
* Sew each skirt piece separately and press the seam.
* Put one skirt inside the other with the seams facing out.
* Stich the bottom hem and turn right-side-out.
* Gather the top/waist. I did this by sewing some elastic to it while holding it taught.
* Hand stitch the waist to the doll on both sides.
* Add a sash to cover the seam.
Step 11: Blood and Battle Damage
* Mix red acrylic paint with some water.
* Use a course bristle brush to splatter the paint onto the doll.
* Stay away from the edges to avoid it showing on the pretty side.
* Let it dry, flip, and repeat.
Step 12: Tell a Story
Once upon a time there was a beautiful bride and her maid of honor. When the wedding is crashed by zombies and her friend becomes infected, the bride has to kick some zombie a**.