Introduction: Zucchini and Chocolate Chip Bundt Cake
Summer gardens produce an excess of zucchini; summer recipes call for an abundance of it. The result: the odd vegetable or three left in the refrigerator at the end of every week in the height of the season. I turn to my mandoline to julienne the leftover zucchini for a fresh take on desserts. Zucchini adds a moist texture to cakes and breads. It goes hand in hand with chocolate; the finer the pieces of each, the more friendly to the palette.
Zucchini and Chocolate Chip Bundt Cake
9 oz butter
8 oz superfine sugar
4 oz milk
1 teaspoon vanilla
3 zucchinis, julienned
2 cups flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 cup mini chocolate chips
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
1. Cream butter and sugar in standing mixer or in large bowl with electric mixer.
2. Add eggs, vanilla, and milk. Mix until uniform. Add zucchini. Mix briefly.
3. Add flour, baking powder, and chips. Mix until aerated. Pour into greased bundt pan.
4. Bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour. Check with knife to see if done. If necessary, bake an additional ten minutes.
5. Cool twenty minutes, then flip onto a cake pan.
We have a be nice policy.
Please be positive and constructive.