combined with a flapper dress it will make the perfect outfit for the next swing-party, halloween, karneval or whenever you want to look fabolous.
here it goes:
Step 1: You will need
- 30 cm of black shiny rooster feathers sewed onto a band, i bought mine on ebay just like here
- 5 or 6 peacock tail feather ends
- sequin in colors matching the feathers
- elastic band that goes well with your feathers and beads, i was lucky and found a really beautifull one with black and golden stripes.
- needles and black thread, sewing machine (optional)
Step 2: Making the base
pin the 2 semicircles together, right side on right side, sew them together leaving a 4 cm wide opening.
cut away the seam allowance at the corners and make several cuts into the seam allowance at the round part, then turn the whole thing over so that the right side is outside.
pin the opening shut and sew once around the semicircle close to the edge, closing the oepning on the way.
your base is ready.