if you have a gerbil you will probably know that they chew up nearly every thing. you may not realise it, but you have probably got every thing you need somewhere in your house. such as:-
- hard or soft empty toilet roll tubes depending on whether you want your gerbil to gnaw it all up or not.
- plastic or cardboard pots.
- wide neck bottles, or just cut a bigger hole in the top just below the neck of the bottle.
- paper to make small treat boxes
- a slot together play pen from wood or cardboard
Step 1: Empty Toilet Roll Tubes
Step 2: Small or Big Pots
the best pots are the sort you buy milkshake in with a screw on lid, the gerbils love them.
yoghurt pots are also good
Step 3: Bottles
its all really easy.
Step 4: Paper Boxes
print off or draw a cube/box net add slot together tabs and not glue because it may harm your gerbil.
slot it all together and put in a little treat.
these boxes are great fun for you little pet and fun to watch the your gerbil try and figure out how to get the treat out
you can also put pin holes in the sides of the box so the gerbil can smell it a bit better
you could even make a loop on the top and hang it up by a piece of string.
just remember to cut the drawn on marks off because the ink can and will halm your gerbils :(
Step 5: Play Pens
materials for wood pen
- wood at least a foot high (they can jump quite high)
- sand paper to smooth down the rough edges so your gerbil wont scratch or cut its self
materials for cardboard pen
measure half way up each bit of wood/cardboard and make a mark at each end
measure the thickness of the bits of wood/cardboard and cut a slot going towards the middle and stop at the centre. do it from the opposite side on the other end and repeat for all of the pieces of cardboard or wood.
slot the pieces together and your all set.
Step 6: Thank You
here are a few pictures of my gerbil 'peanut'.
please can you leave some comments they would help a lot.
if you would like me to make another instructable about teaching them tricks the just leave a comment at the bottom.