But i think nobody has done it this way yet.
It fits quite well to the design of apple and is cheaper than buying an original dock.
This is an easy way to give your nano 2nd gen a worthy place to rest.
It took me about 2 days working on it.
I dont exactly know how much money you would have to spend for the materials, because i already had most of the things i used to build this.
edit: i don't know why, but the detail frames in the pictures won't stay in right position and shape, so keep this in mind if you wonder why some of them do not make sence at all.
Step 1: Tools and materials you need
- white plastic plates, differently thick (0,5 and 1 mm)
- powerglue and hot glue
- some small pieces of metal (shape does not really matter)
- an ipod connection cable (USB), i ordered a cheap one at ebay
- the original ipod dock connector (not shown in the picture), which comes with your nano
the outside casing is made of:
- casting resin
- black rubber and metal for the foot
You can buy everything (except the ipod connection cable) at your local hobby store.
- a ruler
- a cutter
- strong tape and packaging tape
- hot glue gun
not shown in picture:
- a glass
- somnething to agitate the resin
- a syrine