- Intel Edison + Arduino breakout
- Grove GPS
- Grove Accelerometer
- Grove Temperaturesensor
Step 1: Get Started With Intel Edison
1. Unpack your Intel Edison + connect to it for the first time:
Plug in both usb cables and connect via serial console (e.g. putty / minicom/...) (user: root, no password)
2. copy newest Image onto edison flash drive
3. flash Edison with "reboot ota"
Now your Edison is up to date and you can start.
Step 2: Embedded Code
1. Install Intel XDK
2. connect to your edison (connect button bottom left)
3. Insert appended example-project-Code (main.js) (use Node.js) + insert all the text in your empty Node.js template
4. Build and transfer project to Edison.
Step 3: Install Additional Hardware
1. Plug the Seed Grove Studio base into the arduino breakout for edison.
2. Plug in Grove GPS-Module
3. Plug in Grove Accelerometer-Module
4. Plug in Grove temperature sensor
Start the code
and take a look into /home/root/gps_data/new/**
where a new file with gps, temperature and accelerometer data will be written as soon as gps is connected.
Step 4: Backend Code
download the appended zip with the backend code.
unzip it and call the html page. You will see a webpage displaying gps data.
In addition you have to setup right database to get updated data.