*A MOT can kill you instantly or give you a really nasty shock and they are not toys, I have been shocked by one and it was freaking scary and painful so BE CAREFUL! i am not responsible to any damage caused!
Step 1: You will need
A light switch. I found one in my dads tool chest
A inlet from a computer power supply or something like it
A PFC capacitor (optional). 80uF at 120V+ should work just fine. I got mine from a garage opener in a junkyard
Some .250" female spade connectors (bag of 50 for $2.20). You will also need some smaller ones for the inlet but I don't know what size
Some 14 awg wire. Speaker wire or an old power cord will work just fine
A 13" piece of 2 x 4
A soldering iron and solder
Step 2: Position the transformers
*The bottom of the switch was bent so it would be at an angle.