At first, I wasn't sure bacon fat pie crust should work. I actually thought I was the first person that ever had the idea, until I googled it and became very sad. But oh well! This is my take on it.
While it is super delicious and flaky, bacon fat pie crust is not the prettiest, nor is it the most sturdy. So let's call it "charmingly rustic" instead. :D So just be prepared. It will act as a vehicle to get pie fillings into your mouth and that's all you can really ask for.
Step 1: What you'll need
- 1 cup bacon fat, frozen
- 2 1/2 cups AP flour
- 1 teaspoon salt (optional - bacon can be really salty!)
- 6 tablespoons ice water + more as needed
- wax paper or freezer paper
- a pastry cutter, chilled
- a large chilled glass or metal bowl
- spatula or wooden spoon - nothing netal