You can definitely use skinless and/or boneless chicken for baked barbeque chicken, but there's a higher chance of it drying out and it's just not as yummy without all the crispy skin. :D
This recipe takes about an hour to make, but most of it is baking time so you'll have lots of time to make all the sides!
P.S. Sorry for the poopy photos! Next time I make it I'll do it not when it's getting dark and get new ones. ;)
Step 1: What you'll need:
- chicken pieces - I love bone in skin on thighs and highly recommend them!
- barbeque sauce (make your own or do it the store bought way)
- salt and pepper
- cooking oil
- a baking tray
- a rack
- aluminum foil (optional but makes clean up so much easier!)
- a pastry brush (I like silicone for these)
- a ramekin or bowl for holding the barbeque sauce
Step 2: Prep the chicken, preheat the oven
If you've bought the standard "sold-in-huge-packs-full-of-nasty-stuff" chicken you'll probably want to clean it up a bit. Pluck out any excess feathers and trim off excess fat and skin - it's especially bad on thighs!
Flip the chicken pieces and have a look at the flesh side. Any big clumps of fat? Five excess inches of skin randomly hanging out? Trim everything up a bit with kitchen shears or a sharp knife. Once everything's trimmed up, sprinkle on some salt and pepper.