If you enjoy this recipe please check out my blog for more tasty recipe ideas. http://eating-properly.blogspot.co.uk/
Step 1: Ingredients
400 g stewing beef cut into bite sized pieces
2 medium-sized onions, finely chopped
2 tbsp oil
3 tbsp Hungarian Paprika (I didn’t have any so put together my own mix of 2 tbsp regular paprika, 1 tbsp sweet smoked paprika plus 1 tsp hot smoked paprika because I like a bit of a kick in my food)
1/2 tsp caraway seeds
2 cloves of garlic, minced, crushed or finely chopped
500ml beef stock
1 green pepper, de-seeded and diced
1 red pepper, de-seeded and diced
1 x 400g tin of chopped tomatoes
1-2 carrots, peeled and diced
3 medium potatoes peeled and cut into chunks
salt and pepper to taste
Extra 1 tbsp. paprika
Step 8: Egg Noodles
1 cup plain flour
½ tsp salt
1. Put the flour in a bowl and make a well in the centre.
2. Add the egg then mix together with your fingers. Make circular movements gradually adding more flour to the egg in the middle with each movement.
3. Once all the egg is mixed in add the water a little at a time until all the flour is mixed in and you have a firm dough. Take care to not add too much water, but if you do, add a little flour to adjust it.
4. Kneed the dough for a few minutes until it is smooth and pliable the cover and leave to rest for 30 minutes.
5. When ready to use, roll the dough into a long, flatish sausage shape cut off small pieces with a knife and drop directly into the gently simmering goulash. Cook for about 3-5 minutes until all the noodles are tender and ready to eat.