Picture of car radio played in doors with out battery
this is how to use a car radio in doors with out a battery but a power supply from a computer
easy to do but im ((((((((not responsible for damage you have done)))))))))) 

Remove these adsRemove these ads by Signing Up

Step 1:

Picture of
Picture 002.jpg
Picture 003.jpg
Picture 001.jpg
the parts you will need is......
-car radio with wireset male end (in my case i solder and shrink rap mine to the radio but i sagest to use the wireset but it up to you) i used my old car radio
-computer power supply 300w ( you may need a more powerful one for newer radios)use this link to help mod it www.instructables.com/id/Converting-a-computer-ATX-power-supply-to-a-really  thanks abizar
-speakers i used old tv speakers from a broken tv (sad part is there louder then my cars stock speakers)
  here a video of my radio of it working

Step 2:

Picture of
find out what each wire is to your radio here is a pdf of the Toyota wiring diagram
but go here to find the car yours may of came out of  www.installdr.com/QuickWiring.htm

Toyota-Wiring.pdf(612x792) 20 KB

Step 3:

Picture of
Picture 015.jpg
Picture 018.jpg
Picture 019.jpg
Picture 024.jpg
Picture 025.jpg
here are some pics of mine wired up and cased not much i can tell you about but go to the link in step2 also you may need a extra ground source like a screw on the case of the radio

Step 4:

wire it all up and crank it and enjoy http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JR2iZOg3bDMhttp:
lemonie5 years ago
This seems to show something you've put together rather than how to actually put it together.
It would benefit from a spell check, only one instance of the video, the image in step 2 fixing, the text in step 3 cleaning up and pictures / diagrams that show (more clearly) how you wired it up.

lonemeno (author)  lemonie5 years ago
hows this i work on it the best i can

Thanks, I'm getting a better idea. Someone asked a question about exactly this sort of thing today - it's good to have answers to give people.

lonemeno (author) 5 years ago
well all car radios do differ from the others but the pdf show where i got mine at but i am working on getting more photos up when i make the case but thanks for pointing that out       ps the video shows that it was working