I wanted a light inspection but I did not spend a lot of money in it!
for this assembly must:
- 5g sugru (sugru.com)
- Optical fiber (http://www.conrad.fr/ce/fr/product/183385/Cble-de-fibres-optiques-en-plastique/SHOP_AREA_17419&promotionareaSearchDetail=005 about 2$)
- Cheap led light (about 2$)
thanks to this montage you can illuminate in very small places without being dazzled by a large light!
electric path must be cut to keep only lighting of the central LED
Now we must prepare the optical fiber:
- It can be easily cut with a cutter
- Must remove a piece of protection like electric wire (only 1 mm)
- With a lighter heating, we obtain a good surface condition
I made a small hole in the plastic of the lamp insert the fiber
I bonded with glue (cyanoacrylate)
I put sugru directly above to take the fiber and to avoid to illuminate a side
just have to wait until the sugru dry and reassemble
You can now inspect the connector on your laptop or iphone,
the sd-card port,
a lock (last three pictures shows the difference between the inspection lamp and a conventional lamp)
I kept the thong because it allows me to have hands free!