Best of all, these chevron quilt blocks are really easy to do with scrap fabric.
Step 1: Planning + what you'll need
If you're not familiar with piecing, I'd have a look at my how to sew a quilt instructable - I won't be as in depth for this one.
For the four square block you need:
- 2 4x4 inch squares one color
- 2 4x4 inch squares of a second color
- 4 3.5x3.5 inch squares of primary color
- 4 4x4 inch squares of primary color
- 4 4x4 inch squares of the stripe color
You'll also want a cutting mat, rotary cutter, sewing machine and clear ruler for optimal awesomeness.
Step 2: Cutting the fabrics
Keep in mind that the pieces being kept as full squares are 3.5x3.5 inches, and the ones being cut into triangles should first be cut as 4x4 inch squares.
To cut the 4x4 inch squares into triangles, simply align a ruler from corner to corner and cut it with the rotary cutter.