Coconut oil frosting tastes very much like a buttercream frosting - very sweet and creamy and loaded with powdered sugar! It will taste a little like coconut, too - but it's not overpowering.
It's perfect on my carrot cake, too - you should give it a go!
- 1/4 cup unrefined (virgin) coconut oil
- 16 oz powdered sugar
- 4-6 tablespoons coconut or soy milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- "cream" the coconut oil until it breaks up and gets nice and smooth
- add in 1/4 of the powdered sugar, the vanilla and 2 tablespoons of soy milk
- mix together until nice and smooth
- keep adding powdered sugar along with tablespoons of soy milk as needed until everything is combined - you don't want any clumps of powdered sugar or coconut oil.
- frost everything in the vicinity