You can sub in other herbs or spices for the lavender in this scrub - I've seen all kinds of scrubs with dried lemon peel, basil, chunks of cinnamon or cardamom, etc. Be creative! I just love lavender scrub because it's so soothing to smell.
What you'll need:
- 2 teaspoons dried lavender
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- a few teaspoons of jojoba or olive oil - enough
You'll also want a small container to store it in, and a mortar and pestle are helpful but not entirely necessary.
How to make it:
- Measure out your ingredients.
- Place half of the sugar and the lavender in a mortar and pestle or a bowl - crush them together (use a wooden spoon if you need to!) until the lavender starts to break up and becomes really fragrant.
- Pour all the sugar and lavender into the container you'll be storing it in.
- Add oil little by little while stirring until the sugar is just moistened. You don't want it to be runny!