Introduction: Double Rainbow Loom Bracelet
This double rainbow loom (rubber band) bracelet is slightly trickier than the single rainbow loom bracelet and a good one to try to learn how to manage looping more and more bands. :D
I love the look of this double rainbow loom bracelet - it's chunkier and more complex than the single rainbow loom bracelet and fits better, too - a little less loose. Your patterns will depend on the colors you choose. You can change the way it looks just by changing up the colors!
Step 1: What You'll Need:
If you buy the rainbow loom kit above, you will get the hook shown, some c-clips and some bands - won't need to buy anything else! :D
Step 2: The Pattern
- Place the rainbow loom on your work surface with the arrows pointing away from you and the pieces aligned as shown in the photos.
- Put your first band on over the bottom middle and bottom left pegs.
- Put your second band on over the bottom middle and bottom right pegs.
- Put your third band on over the bottom left and second middle pegs.
- Put your fourth band on over the second middle and bottom right pegs.
Step 3: Keep Putting the Bands On
Keep making the same diamond pattern all the way up, making sure each new layer of bands sits on top of the previous layer.
Step 4: Looping the Bands
Because this is a little more confusing than the single rainbow loom bracelet, I'll be calling the bands by their color - see the second photo to follow along!
- Ignore the bottom two bands on each side - they're staying where the are.
- We'll be grabbing the top band (the blue one) on the middle peg and looping it up and over to the left.
- Then grab the purple band that's left on the middle peg and loop it up and to the right.
- Now we'll grab the yellow band that's under the purple one and loop it to the middle peg.
- To complete this set of loops, grab the green band on the second left peg and loop it over the middle.
loop left, loop right, loop right, loop left
If you keep up that pattern you'll do fine!
Step 5: Final Loops
Once you get to the end of the loom, loop both of the end rubber bands around the middle peg. First the right side and then the left.
Step 6: Securing and Removing the Bracelet
Put your hook under the last bands you looped at the very end and slide a c-clip onto them. Make sure you've got both of them inside it!
Pull the band gently off the loom - up and towards you.
When it's entirely off, hold it by the two large rubber band loops at the other end.
Step 7: Finishing the Bracelet
Slip the c-clip over the two rubber band loops and make sure you've got all the ends inside it.
Now you're ready to wear it. :D