Introduction: Downspout Generator
Hi this is my first instructable!
This is a downspout generator to convert all that energy being wasted.
this should generate about 1 watt in a continuous rain
also I am entering this in prepare for the apocalypse so vote!!
Step 1: Shopping Spree!
- hydro generator-----------------------------------------------link to the generator I used
- the rest of these parts can be bought at a hardware store
- 1in to 2in reducer bushing
- 4in to 2 1/2 in reducer
- 12 foot long 3 in diameter sch 40 PVC pipe
- downspout to PVC pipe changer
- purple primer
- saw (to cut you downspout
- pvc cement
- gloves (safety first!)
vapor protection mask
Step 2: Purple Primer!
purple primer helps the joints (the parts of the PVC pipe touching each other) set correctly
wear your gloves while you do the next two steps
prime these places with your purple primer
- the outside of the bushing
- the whole inside of the reducer
- and one of the outside ends of the pipe
Step 3: Cement It!
Get your PVC cement and start cementing the places we primed!
be careful PVC cement dries super fast so get them together fast
- cement the bushing to the reducer
- and the reducer to the pipe
Step 4: Add That Downspout to Pvc Thing!
now just put it on the end that's not cemented and screw the hydro generator to the other end!
Step 5: Put It on Your Downspout!
cut your downspout so you can fit the whole thing on it
Step 6: Voltage Tested
I tested it indoors (it wasn't raining) and with water six to seven feet up the PVC pipe I got 4 volts
more water in the pipe = more electricity
We have a be nice policy.
Please be positive and constructive.