The only thing to worry about when it comes to this strawberry shortcake recipe is that prep will take a little while - but if you start it the day before you want to put it in your face, you'll be fine! :D
Step 1: Ingredients:
- 1 pound strawberries
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 14 oz can low fat coconut milk
- 1 14 oz can full fat coconut milk
- a few tablespoons of sugar
Step 2: Prep work!
- Put the can of full fat coconut milk into the fridge to firm up.
- Cut the tops off the strawberries and quarter them, and then mix them with three tablespoons of sugar. Cover them and put them in the fridge!
Step 3: Prepare the batter and preheat the oven!
Sift together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and remaining two tablespoons of sugar. Then add in 1 1/2 cups of low fat coconut milk and mix together until just combined. Don't over mix it - be gentle. :D