I ate probably almost a cup of cinnamon in the last week while testing various versions of this project.
I feel weird.
Like I just want to stare at one point and let my eyes unfocus and not move my head.
But before everything goes to static I get fidgety and move my head.
Has this happened to anyone else?
I think I'll take a break for a while...WARNING:
Don't eat too much Cinnamon. according to wikipedia
the "cinnamon" we get here isn't "true cinnamon" and it contains coumarin
which bad for your liver and kidneys at least.
The Spice Page
explains the different kinds of plants called "Cinnamon" and claims you can eat up to 1 gram of the local "cassia" crap per day without getting coumarin poisoning.
A friend of mine was eating cinnamon with a spoon because she'd seen reports of
cinnamon being investigated for diabetes/sugar metabolism
and other health benefits
So I thought I'd try it.
WHY DOESN'T THIS STUFF HAVE A WARNING LABEL???
Eggnog usually also has nutmeg in it, but having experienced a nutmeg poisoning/overdose, I never use it. See the comments for the story of how that was. Damn. Food is dangerous.
I guess it actually IS the leading cause of death here in the States.