- one batch of homemade polenta, cooled and cut into slices.
- olive or vegetable oil for frying
- sauce for dipping
- Cut your cooled polenta into slices 1/2 inch thick - make them as pretty or simple as you want!
- Heat about a 1/4-1/2 inch of oil in a small frying pan until it's nice and hot and starting to smoke.
- Add in your polenta slices without crowding them and fry for 3-5 minutes on each side.
- Remove from the pan and drain on paper towels.
Keep in mind that the polenta will stick to the bottom of the pan and everything else if the oil isn't hot enough. It's best to use a nice stainless steel spatula for flipping - one with a really thin edge. That way you can slowly work it under the pieces of polenta without destroying their crispy crust. :D