And while I'm doing fried pork chops, this breading also works amazingly well on chicken and venison. It tastes just like the way my grandma and dad bread deer and fry it up! :D
Fried pork chops only take about fifteen minutes to make, so you can do this and a salad and have dinner! It's great for when you're feeling lazy.
Step 1: Ingredients!
- 2 "breakfast" pork chops - 1/2 inch thick or so.
- 8 buttery crackers - I'm using Trader Joe's social snackers
- few cracks of pepper
- a couple pinches of citrus salt (or regular salt, but citrus salt makes them amazing!)
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoons onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 egg, beaten very well
Step 2: Crush the crackers & add seasonings
Now add the seasonings and mix well. Taste the cracker mix at this time - make sure it's to your liking.
Step 3: Dip in eggs + cracker-ize
Coat the pork chop on each side with egg, shake to remove the excess and press it into the cracker mixture. Flip the pork chop and coat the other side. Make sure to shake them to get the excess cracker crumbs off.
Repeat with all the pork chops. :)