I am pretty proud of this garlic bread recipe. I had to play with it a little bit, but the flavors are spot on now! :D
I'm starting to think all sandwiches might need to be made using this garlic bread.
(brb going to go google garlic bread sandwiches)
Step 1: Ingredients:
- one fresh baguette, sliced in half lengthwise and then into several pieces (really needs to be soft as possible!)
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- two tablespoons chopped parsley
- three cloves garlic, minced
- 1/8 - 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
I can't stress enough that the baguette you choose needs to be a little squishy. Using day old or crusty bread results in garlic bread that is really tough to eat. (And I should know, I have done that many times.)
You'll also need a baking sheet and an oven set to 425 F.