answer. the hammock hut a easy portable cost effective hammock rain fly
it takes about 10-15 minutes to set up and can be made using easily available materials (the only exception being the hammock itself also this is my entry into the epilog contest so please don't forget to vote!!
Step 1: Step 1; Gather Your Equipment
1. a hammock and not the kind you have in your back yard (unless you are like me) you should have an actual backpacking hammock Eno and Hennessy make really nice ones which vary in price from $20 to $100+ they also sell very useful accessories which I will get to later I personally own a Eno single nest hammock which I consider to be one of the best camping related purchases I have ever made it cost me $54.00 (not including tax) and was purchased at REI (Recreational Equipment Incorporated)
2. A single large tarp this tarp must be as long as your hammock and also be able to touch the ground while draped over your hammock (see pictures) this tarp should be (like all other tarps) water proof.
3. a SINGLE tent pole yes only one this tent pole will serve as a support for your tarp. also you can use a piece of rope or string.
4. environmentally friendly hammock straps such as the Eno slapstrap these straps are very wide so that they do not harm trees by damaging the bark also these straps are very important since some national forests/parks will not allow you to hang a hammock without the proper equipment.
this is my green component
5. finally you need tent stakes to keep the tarp from blowing around in the wind the only advice I can offer in this area is the lighter the stakes the better (I used sticks).
Step 2: Setting Everything Up Part 1, the Hammock
1. set up your webbing this is very easy especially if you have looped webbing like me all you have to do is follow the picture.
2. tie your extension ropes to the webbing depending upon what type of hammock you have the length of the ropes may have to vary from mine.
3. tie a loop knot (see picture) at the end of each extension rope and hook your hammock's caribeners into it if your hammock comes with them if not just tie your hammock to the extension rope.
you are now done setting up the actual hammock proceed to the next step.
Step 3: Setting Everything Up Part 2, Rain Fly and Tent Pole/rope
Step 4: Setting Everthing Up Part 3; the Tarp
then your done enjoy!!! :)