The "bang in a box" is a cardboard box which contain a balloon that pops when the box is opened, it is meant to be used as a practical joke or as a fun and interesting way wrap a gift, its very useful for Party Gift-Exchange games or for other situations where you would like to give the receiver a little surprise
The "bang in a box" was first built by my older brother when he was in second grade, but was pretty big and clumsy and could be set of by bumps or if turned on the side. Since then I have been developing and improving it to the way it works today. The one build in this instructable was build to contain a blanket, and as as a result of that pretty big however i versions i have build previous, it has been a lot smaller thereby making it more suitable for Party Gift-Exchange games.
Step 1: Materials
All of the materials are easy to get hold of and very cheep or free.
* a few cardboard-boxes
* a few balloons
* a few clue-gun sticks
* a pin
Step 2: Getting Started
Step 3: Modifying the Lid
Step 4: Building the "fake Floor"
Step 5: Pin Holder
once the glue has hardened, cut out a third piece of cardboard and glue it on at an 90 degree angle, it should be a little shorter than the width of the box.
cut out three ~2 cm width strips(push rods) of cardboard about 15 cm longer than the box is high, clue each end to the bin holder (see picture)
Step 6: Spacers
now glue the 4 to the floor, leave room for the pin holder (see picture)
Step 7: Attaching the Pin and Preparing the Fake Floor for Attachment
* cut a piece of cardboard 2 cm higher than the box and 5 cm wider.
* bend it 2 cm in from the bottom and 2,5cm in from the sides so it fits the dimensions of the box.
* glue the bottom fold to the fake floor so it split the box up in a gift- and a balloon part.
* cut a about 3x3cm hole in the center of the balloon part of the fake floor.
* finally place the pin holder under the fake floor whit the top part of the "T" closes to the hole,
* mark the center of the hole on the pin holder and push the pin through the reinforcing piece of cardboard and out through the top of the of the pin holder and glue it stuck.
Step 8: Attaching the Fake Floor
next make 3 "gliders" they are made by cutting a piece of cardboard about 7 cm wide and the hight of the box and make 4 bends width wise(see pic.) next glue them on to the sides over the push rods.