Step 1: Tools and materials you'll need:
- 1 Rule 1100 GPH 12VDC Bilge pump.
I used these because I could get them, other sizes or manufacturers might do fine too.
- 1 RC model boat propeller for example Graupner No. 455/10.
This is a 2-wing 70mm diameter prop with 4mm threading. Don't use to big propellers.
4-blade are also ok, but use a smaller one.
- 1 Coupling bush for smaller than 4mm diameter shaft. Graupner No. 3346 (3.2mm) is ideal.
- a 20mm long 4mm bolt with the head removed.
- a 4mm spring washer.
- Heat shrink tube of different sizes with glue or (better)a waterproof cable repair set like Raychem XBL22 (also, this is what I could get overhere).
- round circumference 2 conductor wire capable of carying 4A.
- adhesive rubber pads, like the stuff to put under furniture.
- waterproof cable gland (for example Velleman CPG135)
- Hacksaw or dremel
- sharp knife
- electric paint stripper
- threading tool with 4mm bit.
- soldering iron
- pliers, screwdrivers etc...