Step 1: Blossom!
Step 2: Diversify!
Here’s some flowers and plants I would recommend planting:
- A few marigolds (which are good with tomatoes)
- Borage is amazing for attracting bees (give it some space it will spread)
- Sunflowers and bird houses and feeders will attract birds (a bad thing if you have seeds starting, but a great thing if your plants are semi-established (birds will eat the bugs too)
- Herbs like basil, bee balm, catnip, dill, Echinacea, evening primrose, fennel, lavender, parsley, poppy, thyme and sage will all attract pollinators too.
- Check out this site too. It has some great information for specific insects
The cool thing too is that everything I’ve suggested is edible! However, be warned that not every part of the plants I’ve suggested are edible. Do your research. There’s tons of info out there.