so, me being, ME, I decided to tear apart the torch and diagnose the problem. I looked at the drop-in module... that wasn't the problem. I turned my suspicion to the switch. It seems this was the problem, so I looked around for a replacement, no luck.
my next challenge was to find out how to take apart the tail cap to get to the switch itself.
Step 1: Closer Look Inside
Step 2: The FIX
Without the special tool that fits in two holes I just used some brute man-power to tighten it and I never had a problem since... if you want to tighter, you can try pointed scissors or anything that fits into the hole.
please comment, and rate!
Step 3: Improve Preformance of Your Light
If you are using a cheap Ultrafire, Spiderfire, Trustfire, or some other cheap 18650 battery, replace it with a higher quality battery. It will set you back more than $15, but something like an AW brand 18650 would be worth it because these battery's are of higher quality, last longer, are safer, and crank out more power, (3A or more). Personally, I use Tenergy 2600 mAH. Your light will be brighter and last a bit longer.
To improve the throw, (the tightness of the beam), get another drop-in or pill with a smooth (SMO) reflector and with a XML-U2, or (a brighter led bin, a step up from the T6)