lol the video was about 22 minutes long : ) I am an over achiever. i will break it up.
1. Cydia: Where you download everything related to jailbroken ipods and iphones. The first time you start it, click the option that says graphical only, and install all needed updates.
2. MxTube: it is youtube, but with the ability to save the videos instead of just watching them. You can only watch saved vids through mxtube as they are not saved as mp4. hopefully that will come in a later release.(hence the download flv and convert) Note: Stream means watch by the way.
3. dTunes: Like limewire for the ipod, directly download FREE MUSIC and VIDEO to your ipod.
Disclaimer: dTunes is ILLEGAL AS IS ANY FREE MUSIC TORRENT CLIENT! This is because you are getting free music and video torrents from recording companies. A.C.E and Robots199 are not responsible for what you do with this app and if you get arrested, sued, fined, or any legal actions or actions are taken against you.
3.Installous: If you want to test out apps before you buy them to see if you like it or not, open cydia and wait for it to get the realeses, then go to manage. tap sources, then edit, then add. in that window, after the http , type cydia.hackulo.us/ exactly as I have it wrote, and press add. now where it says entered by user click hackulo.us. after a second it will show the apps in that source. you want mipatch firmware 2.2.1 or 3.0 depending on which firmware you are using and then installous.to install something, click install at the top, then click confirm. now click search and type safari download and click the safari download plug-in.once in installous, search for a paid app, and click it if it pops up. if not, wait a couple of days then try again. scroll to the bottom and click the version you want, usually the highest one, and then one of the download sites. find the link, click it and click download, not install. wait till its done downloading, and go to the downloads tab. tap the ipa file and press install. it will not work untill you already have an official app, so go to the app store and download something free. i think the free app makes the app folder for installous to install into. THIS APP IS ILLEGAL!!!! I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE IF YOU GET ARRESTED OR FINED OR ANYTHING ELSE. THE APPS THAT YOU ARE INSTALLING ARE CRACKED WHICH MEANS ILLEGAL.
4. SSH: you need ssh to get into your ipod, for stuff like putting roms and books and such. you need wifi for this to work.in cydia, search openssh which is one word. install that. now on your computer, google winscp, and install it too. go into settings, click wifi, and click the blue arrow next to the connected wifi. open up winscp and for the host type the ip address shown on the ipod. the user name is root, and the password is alpine. protocal should be sftp and uncheck spt fallback. click logon, and your in!!
5. iBroke: self explanatory, acts like your ipod is broken. search ibroke in cydia. i suggest zap!!
6. Font swap: get it in cydia, and open it. click system fonts, unless you do not want the font change to affect everything. click a font, and if you want to test it, click apply and restart font swap. it exits, and then you need to reopen fontswap. if you like the font, click it again but this time apply and respring the iphone. it will do this short kind of reboot process. you are left at the lockscreen, new font engaged. you can get more fonts in cydia by searching font.
7. Winterboard: Allows you to put themes on the ipod touch or iphone. Download it and then check the changes or search theme to get some themes. screen shots are either in the screenshots tab or in the more info tab. click install then confirm, and then start up winterboard. tap the theme, and then press the home button. it will respring, then you will be at the lock screen, theme applied. All winterboard themes are in Cydia. ROBOTS199's FAVORITE APP. ROBOTS199 SUGGESTS THE LEOPARD THEME! GET IT!!!
8. Gpsphone: this is a gameboy color and advance emulator. you can play gba or gbc games straight from your ipod touch. it supports normal save games like the game would normally do, but also state saves. state saves allow you to come back to the exact point where you left off, not just the last door you walked through, or the last checkpoint. you are the exact same as you were when you saved, also.
9.SBsettings: this is exactly like Bossprefs but you can have themes and there is no icon. Instead you slide your finger across the status bar to use it.
10.Icy: this is ripdev's version of cydia. it uses cydia repos and sources and you don't see reloading data every minute. it also automatically grabs your cydia sources. Icy may have problems installing some packages.
Sources for cydia/icy and installer
To get the installer sources go to installer and grab community sources. that will get you enough
for a day.
Champster found a package that installs all the known cydia sources! Most work but some Don't.
Anyways once you get Cydia open click on "More Package Sources" then scroll down until you see pwncenter and then click on it and install if it was a app. Once that is installed search for "All Sources" and install it.
lol yep. too long anyway. i will split this one up too.
feel free to ask me to explain anything you don't quite understand, and i will get back to you .
Champster added his personal theme, to install go to WinSCP and go to /library/themes and drag in the theme(after you unzip it), then enable in winterboard. And if you want before you upload it to the ipod go into the .plist and you can change the values such as change black to white to have the dock icons have white text instead of black. you can also remove the wallpaper.png or the lockbackround.png to get rid of the SB wallpaper ot the lockscreen wallpaper. its all customizable.
UPDATE: ROBOTS199 ADDED PICTURES. DON'T ASK ME OR HIM WHAT THE THEMES ARE.