Introduction: How to Lower Your Use of Electricity
These are a few tips on how to use less energy
Step 1: How Much Tv You Actually Watch
Although this is narrowing down on one thing, try to cut down on the amount of tv you watch.
This is an average amount of time at the tv. For some people it is more, and other people are less.
Most people come home from work, turn tv on, and spend the rest of the day watching tv.
Because most people watch tv all day, it is using electricity. So try to cut down on your tv time.
Also, the average person spend over 9 YEARS solid watching tv. Those are full 24 hour days. This is also including you, if you like to watch tv. Cut back on tv time, you save part of your life, and use less electricity. if you stop watching tv, you can find tons of other things to do.
-go to the park with your family
-hang out with your friends
-build a model airplane(that's what I would do)
Step 2: At Home
To start out, there is more to save energy in your house than meets the eye.
here are a few things you can do to save energy at home.
-Lower your water heater temperature. You don't need HOT water, I'm sure you can use warm water instead.
- Take showers that are less than four minutes. Try to see how short of a shower you can take(while being clean of course)
- When you leave a room, turn off the light, even if it's for five minutes. It builds up over time.
- Lower the height of the float in the back of your toilet to use less water.
- Wash more clothes per load of laundry.
Try to think of more things you can do. Feel free to add them to the comments.
Step 3: Transportation
First of all, I'm sure not all of you can afford hybrids, so here are a few steps for car efficiency.
- Clean your car of junk. The more stuff you have in your car, the more you make your car strain.
- If you have a van or station wagon, and you don't use it to transport people, remove the back seat(s).
- If you are doing errands in your vicinity, ride a bike. Um you might not want to go shopping with your bike though, you might fall off. ( be sure to wear a helmet )
- If you need to do errands that are a little farther than you fell like riding on a bike, consider buying a used motorbike or moped. It would be an investment.
Step 4: Random Helpers
- Don't throw away plastics. Bring them to your local recycling compound.
- Buy an echo friendly water bottle, and stop buy more plastic from the store.
- Recycle all your paper.
If you can think of any more, please let me no in the comments
thanks for reading.
We have a be nice policy.
Please be positive and constructive.