in this tutorial i'll teach you how to make a scary pumpkin poster with your face. we'll be using photoshop, so it's better if you know your way around the software allready, but even if you don't, i tried to be as clear and as specific as i could.
in this project i did several different things that you can also use separately (let's say, only make a carved pumpkin or a smoke face.
Step 1: Open a new document
.then, open a new layer, name it "background 2" and use the paint bucket tool to paint it black
Step 2: Start pumpkin!
mport a picture of a pumpkin (just google pumpkin and you'll find one). make sure the picture you got has a clear white background or else you'll need to work with the pen tool to delete the background.
1. fit the pumpkin to the right mesurments, and drag it to the bottom.
2. right click on the thumbnail of the pumpkin in the layer palette and choose "resterize layer" (remamber that step, we'll use it again later).
3. use the magic wand tool and choose the white background (make sure "contiguous" is unchecked).
4. press delete.
5. press ctrl+D to deselect the pupmkin.
6. change the layer's name to pumpkin.
Step 3: Pimp my pumpkin!
o to image-> adjustments -> brightness/contrast and set the settings as seen in the image (you can play with the settings. it's possible that the pumpkin you chose would look better with different settings. you want the pumpkin to have stronger colors and to be a bit more darker).
right click on the thumbnail of the pumpkin on the layer palette, choose "blending options", go to inner shadow and use the settings in picture and press OK.