so im going to show how to make a very simple robot:the beetle robot!
it uses no chip,no programation,only the simple 3th connection
Step 1: Get all the materials needed!
- a AA battery holder -> holding the batteries
- some solder wire -> soldering
- some wires -> connecting motor to switch,to batteries
- 2 AA batteries -> powering the motor
- 2 1.5V motors (preferably identical) -> making the robot move
- a slide switch -> ON,OFF
- 2 SPDT (Single Pole Double Throw) switches -> used for antenna
- 1-2 paperclips -> glue on the antennae so it is longer
- some glue sticks -> use with the hot glue gun
Step 2: Get all the tools needed!
- wire cutter and stripper ->cut wires and strip them
- pliers ->shape the antennas
- hot glue gun -> glue the switch and the SPDT switches on the battery holder
- a soldering iron -> solder and connect wires together
- a multimeter -> check the battery
Step 3: So,let's get started!
if its' on <<good>> use it
if it's on <<bad>> change it (in my case,regharge it)
Step 4: Some wires
don't forget the 3th connection!!!
it's the wire that connects the 2 batteries together
i changed the battery holder
Step 5: The antennae,part 1
<-i'm a perfectionist->
try to do as in the picture
Step 7: The antennae,part 3
I used the wire cutter/stripper
you will now have 2 small lines...
Step 8: The antennae,part 4
try to make them identical by putting one on top of the other or bending them together