Step 1: Materials & tools
-a light bulb
-a laser pointer (can be green or red)
tools you will need:
-needle nosed pliers
-an exacto knife
-safety goggles (glass occasionally flies when shattered)
-an old sock
Step 2: Hollowing out the bulb
PUT ON EYE PROTECTION!!!!
- Using your exacto knife or screw driver, pry up the metal disk on the bottom of the bulb.
- Use needle nosed pliers to pull it off.
Move outside! there will be shattered glass!
- take off the black glass that the metal disk was attached to. use pliers to chip/break it.
-Holding the bulb use the screwdriver to break the glass, and use the tweezers to pull it out.
- Use the screwdriver as a chisel once again and break the glass that holds the filament in place inside the bulb.
- Use your tweezers to break up pieces too big to fall out of the hole but simply squeezing them.
Step 3: Cleaning the inside of the bulb
-fill the bulb with water, and continue scrubbing until the bulb is completely clear
Step 4: Filling it with wax
-melt enough wax to fill the lightbulb, and use a funnel to fill the light bulb
-let it cool
Step 5: Breaking the glass
-put on protective gloves... glass can hurt! also, lay down newspaper (glass will get everywhere otherwise)
-take a small hammer, and lightly tap on the glass
-once it cracks, remove the pieces, making sure that there aren't any left in the wax