Step 2: Wrap and cook
2. Wrap the sticks in aluminium foil.
3. Place wrapped sticks in fire.
4. Wait about 20 minutes then find your wrapped sticks and just observe them...LEAVE IN FIRE.
5. You will notice gasses coming outof the foil..tere will be a lot of smoke coming out of the foil and some flames.
6. Observe the sticks until no more fllames and nearly no smoke is coming out of the foil.
7. Gently and carefully remove the foil from the fire and place on any surface.
8. Wait a couple of minutes for it to cool then remove carefully the "cooked" sticks (charcoal) from the foil.
9. (Optional) wrap the charcoal sticks in paper but leave some of the charcoal sticking out then tape the paper (if you don't want to get your hands all black when using the charcoal)
10. Use and enjoy your virtually free charcoal pencils.
(My pencil just looks like a black block wrapped in kleenek...but it goes really well and sorry for crappy image quality.)