Step 3: Cook the ingredients
• Preheat 2-5 liter pot at 350 degree Fahrenheit. Then, pour 350 ml of vegetable oil into the pot. Wait for about 3-4 minutes until the oil begins to bubble briskly.
Tip: Preheating will improve the cooking performance and help prevent sticking.
• After the oil in the pot become hot, first, add the blended onions, garlic and ginger into the pot. Pour the blended ingredients slowly until all of them are in the pot.
Warning: The oil might splash if the blended ingredients are poured fast and recklessly. So be careful.
• Next, stir the blended onions, garlic, and ginger using a wooden spoon occasionally every 1 minute to about 5 minutes. This is done to make sure all the ingredients are cooked and mixed perfectly.
• After that, add about 200 g of curry powder into the same pot and stir for about 1 minute or until all the curry powder is mixed evenly together with the blended ingredients.
• Cook the curry paste for 7 minutes more. This is one of the most important steps as the curry needs to be cook thoroughly to get maximum flavor. Stir the curry gravy occasionally every 1 minute in the 7 minute time span using the wooden spoon. This is to ensure that the curry gravy does not stick at the bottom of the pot and to make sure the curry paste is cooked evenly.