So I'll show you how Tyler makes his french toast, but I'll also simplify the ingredients list a bit. He likes getting fancy and using every sugar we have in the house. I basically stood next to him and demanding to know timing and how much of each thing he used all morning. I'm happy he still likes me!
I'll also go over how to make yummy french toast toppings. You can never have too many toppings.
Just be aware this version of french toast is more like a dessert than a breakfast. :D
(We also had a food porn face-off and each plated our french toast the way we wanted and photographed it... mine has maple syrup, strawberries and powdered sugar, and his has a cream cheese sauce and strawberries.)
Step 1: Ingredients:
- 3 eggs
- 1/8-1/4 cup sugar of choice
- 1/2 cup of milk/soy milk
- six slices of hearty bread (we like sourdough)
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- cinnamon to taste - we used about 1/4 tsp
- macerated strawberries are super yummy! slice the strawberries before you begin the french toast and sprinkle with a few tablespoons of sugar. mix it all together and then let it sit. :)
- Tyler makes a cream cheese topping too - whisk together a bit of cream cheese, a little sugar, some milk and vanilla, and BAM!
- powdered sugar
- maple syrup