Do you? DO YOU?
In this instructable I'll give you all the tips and tricks so you'll know how to make hummus like a hummus MASTER. And I'll share a really awesome base recipe for it. :D
Step 1: Ingredients:
- 1/2 pound dried chickpeas
- 1/2 cup bean cooking liquid or water
- 3+ garlic cloves
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon+ ground cumin
- 1/4 cup tahini, stir it well before measuring it out!
- 1/3 cup lemon juice (normally 1 1/2 lemons - use fresh!)
- 1/2-1 teaspoon salt
- paprika to make it pretty!
You can also add roasted garlic for a smoother, sweeter flavor.
This hummus is also excellent with different spices - chili powder, coriander, a bit of cayenne, some mint - all delicious! Try out different things to see what you like.
Also keep in mind that the tahini really adds to the texture and flavor. If you don't like tahini or don't have any on hand, add more olive oil and cooking liquid, and a bit more salt.