Introduction: How to Recycle Used Paper (homemade Letter Paper)
Easy recycled paper. It's just a little diy project for your kids/students.
You can add food colors or small flowers in order to make original paper for love letters, greetings, etc. (you can also store the remaining mixture for future paper-making).
Watch the video or follow that Instructable
Step 1: You'll Need...
- a frame
- sieve (with holes of about 0.04")
- plastic sheets (cutted to the right side of the inner frame)
- a container (large enough to fit the frame)
- USED paper (newspaper in this case)
Step 2: Prepare the Celulose Fiber Suspension
with the mortar & pestle, crush a little bit of paper at a time (adding water), until you get an homogeneous paste. THEN put that mixture into the container (with more water) and let it "macerate" for 2-3 days.
Step 3: Prepare the Special Frame
Cut the sieve of the same size of the frame, then fix it using the tacks.
The "special frame" is ready :)
Step 4: Cellulose Fibers Suspension Into New Paper
- Dip the frame in the watery suspension (the sieve should be facing down)
- Slowly remove the frame from the suspension keeping it steadily horizontal
- Apply the plastic sheet...
- ..squeeze out the water (somebody uses to collect the water with a sponge, at this time)..
- turn the frame, keeping the plastic sheet in contact
- carefully remove the sheet.
Repeat the above steps in order to make more paper sheets :-)
Step 5: Let the Sheet(s) of Paper Dry
let the sheet(s) of paper dry.
(You can speed up the process using an hairdryer)
Step 6: Here's the Result: ..recycled Paper!
You can add food colors or small flowers in order to make original paper for love letters, greetings, etc. (you can also store the remaining mixture for future paper-making). Enjoy :-)
Thank You for Your Attention.