Introduction: How to Tie a Karate Belt
I have been doing karate for about seven years. It took me six years to get a black belt. this instructable will show you the basic way to tie a karate belt.
first of all, these belts are a lot longer than people think. I have a size four, and it is 180 cm long( around ten feet). I am only 5'6, so that means the belts can get even longer.
Step 1: Tie the Belt 1
- start out by folding the belt in half
- unfold it and place the center of the belt over you belly button.
Step 2: Tie the Belt 2
- bring the two ends of the belt behind your back ( picture 1)
- looking down at your belt, place the left end over the right end (picture 2)
- with the left end, pull it underneath both layers of the belt (picture 3)
Step 3: Tie the Belt 3
now twist the place the right side over the left side. ( picture 3)
Step 4: Tie the Knot
from there, make a regular knot ( all pictures below help)
Step 5: Pull Tight
just pull tight and you're done.