Step 1: You Will Need:
- Leather for the case(here I used Torino leather)
- Leather for lining (something thin)
- Titanium sheet, roughly 6"x6" (I used 32 gauge)
- Rivets (optional)
- 1/4" piece of metal plate as a mandrel (optional)
- Something for cutting leather (sharp knife, laser cutter, shears, etc.)
- Something for cutting Titanium (metal bandsaw, water jet cutter, hydraulic shear)
- Metal grinder
- A sewing machine (or a needle and patience)
- Blow torch
Step 2: Cut the Titanium
The flanges must be bent with the aid of heat since the titanium will tear otherwise. I used a 1/4" piece of aluminum plate as a mandril, forming the end of the middle flange into a slight corner so it will grip the chamfered edge of the phone.
Step 3: Cut the Leather
Step 4: Stitch
The completed leather skin should lot lie flat, the lining is a different shape than than the casing so the edges will not want to match unless they are in the shape of the case.